FLU CLINIC 2018
The NEXT Flu Clinic will be held on Saturday 10th November here at Lyn Health. If you are eligible for the FREE NHS Flu Vaccine please contact us to make an appointment. We will not be sending out invitations so please do call even if you choose not to have it as we will code your record accordingly.
You are eligible to receive a FREE Flu Jab if you:
- Are 65 years of age or over
- Are pregnant
- Have certain medical conditions (see below)
- Are very overweight
- Are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- Receive a carer’s allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly ordisabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- Are a healthcare worker with direct patient contact, or a social care worker
Medical Conditions covered;
- Chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma (which requires an inhaled or tablet steroid treatment, or has led to hospital admission in the past), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or bronchitis.
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- Chronic neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease or Motor Neurone disease
- Problems with your spleen – eg. sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
- A weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medication such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy.
Those who receive their invitation to have the Shingles or Pneumococcal Vaccine may also have this given at the same time as the Flu Vaccine. However if you are entitled to all 3, a 2nd appointment at another date will be required for the 3rd vaccine as only a maximum for 2 can be given at one time.
My Health - Information for Devon
To view the information please Click Here
Dr Allaway Launches the Daily Mail - NHS Health Hero Awards for 2018.
To see the full article Click Here
Please click here to view the latest news from Devon's Public Health Team
We will be CLOSED Bank Holiday Monday 7th May and Monday 28th May. MIU will be OPEN 11am until 4pm. For medical assistance whilst we are closed please call 111 or in an emergency 999
For the April issue of Healthy People, please CLICK HERE
For the latest issue of Healthy People please Click Here.
Message for patients from Mark Procter
(Joint Director of Primary Care, South Devon and Torbay and NEW Devon Clinical Commissioning Groups and Head of Primary Care, NHS England South (South West - Devon, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly))
“If you need to see or speak with a GP or someone else at the practice, you should contact your practice directly, or for urgent advice call NHS 111....
Not all GP practices in Devon, Plymouth or Torbay are offering the 8am - 8pm service this winter as recent patient satisfaction feedback on GP opening times suggests this isn’t needed for our area at this time. In line with national policy this will be reviewed in the new year.
As there are variations in GP practice opening times and practices aren’t open their usual hours, be prepared this Christmas. Ensure you order your prescription medication in good time, keep your medicines cabinet well stocked with medicines that you can buy over the counter, ask your pharmacist for advice, or call 111.
Existing out-of-hours arrangements for GP's continue as normal every evening, overnight, over the weekends and bank holidays. These are accessed by calling 111. 111 is available for everyone whether registered with a GP practice or not.”
We have recently seen an increase in the amount of appointments that are being missed at the Health Centre. In the Month of November this amounted to a total of 51 appointments.
This is equivalent to 8.5 GP and Nursing hours.
During this week we have had an unprecedented 12 appointments missed, amounting to 2 hours of GP and Nursing time.
This not only affects those who would have benefited from being offered this appointment but it also costs the NHS a great deal of money, as you can see from the attached poster, each missed appointment costs the NHS an average of £160!
If you are unable to attend for your allotted appointment then please contact us on 01598 753226 as soon as you can to cancel.
Make sure you use Antibiotics Wisely....
Click Here to see the AD